|A coon that we spotted in the timber this week|
- We hadn't yet made it to an amusement park for the year so we decided to give Adventureland in Des Moines a shot this year. We had a great time...but in the end decided that (in our opinion) Six Flags in Chicago is a bit more fun -- at least for Skyler's age. Enjoyed spending that fun day with Skyler!
- Planted 2 food plots in the timber;
- Went for a bike ride;
- Planted my fall garden;
- Flew a kite;
- Shot our bows almost every day;
- Went to bookbag night at Skyler's school;
- Played "volleyball" over our clothes line in the backyard;
- Went on our first squirrel hunting trip of the year...we had a great time hiking around the timbers as a family;
- Went to the library;
- Skyler gave Shadow another much-needed bath;
- Went boating on the Mississippi with our friends Jayme and Brooke. This was the first time any of us had been boating on the Mississippi even though we have lived here most or all our lives...;
- Played rummy;
- Saturday I helped my friend Megan Klauer photograph a wedding;
- Went canoeing on Lake George with Aunt Jessi, Zach, Papa and Karen. We spotted lots of fish and got up close and personal with a green heron;
- Met Paul at his work for a picnic lunch;
- Went to our friends' range and practiced shooting several different rifles to get ready for deer, coon and squirrel seasons. It seems we have officially kicked over into fall/winter mode and we will be at the range regularly from now on. It was such a fun day with beautiful weather!
|Skyler getting ready for deer season|
|A picture of Skyler at Adventureland|
|Here we are before the log ride got going...|
I did it...I posted about every single week this summer - whew! So glad I got to be home more than normal and spend lots of fun time with Skyler! Whether it was spending time during super fun activities or in our down time, I just enjoyed being with my awesome daughter. Hope you all enjoyed your summer as well!